Re: [Xen-users] strange network problem

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I can connect from external hosts, to the virtual machine, and from the
>> virtual machines to the internet, no problem. But I cannot reach the dom0
>> from within the domU's or vice versa. Also the domU's are able to
>> communicate with each other via that bridge, so forwarding etc is active.
>>
> As a workaround I created a native bridge, with just my physical interface
> as a device, and then I reconfigured the xen domU's to bind to that bridge,
> instead of the xenbr0, and it works like a charm, but I doubt that it is the
> way it should work. That works for me, and I am fine with that, but if
> anybody has a hint on how to do it with using xenbr0, please let me know.

xend startup script does interface-renaming and route-transferring,
which should work out-of-the-box, but on some cases it break things. The
safest way to achive what you want is actually to let the OS handle
bridge setup and disable xend's network-bridge script. I see you've done
it already. That's also what I did.

Regards,

Fajar