Re: [Xen-users] How to make KDE or Gnome available in DomU?

Emre Erenoglu wrote:
Hi Jiri,

Is your domU HVM or Paravirtual? If HVM, you will have an emulated video card and you need to configure your xorg-server to work with this card. Next, you will need to connect it through SDL or VNC. You choose this method in your domU configuration file (SDL=1, VNC=1).

If SDL, you'll have an immediate window when you start your DomU.

If VNC, you'll need to connect to localhost with a VNC client. The port that you need to connect is 5900 + ID_of_DomU (you can find the ID from xm list command output, or do a netstat -a to see listening ports 59xx)

If you have a Paravirtual DomU, then, you either have a "Framebuffer" in your DomU kernel that Xorg can start on (and then you'll see the output again with SDL or VNC), or you can use some other method, such as using
- vnc based xorg server,
- NX
- using XDMCP and accessing the host Xorg

Good luck!

Emre