Re: [Xen-users] IP-Address for DomUs via configuration script possible?

Hi,

Alexandros Manakos wrote:
Hello again and thanks for the fast answer. But i think u misunderstood
me. I do not have access to the DHCP. I give you the scenario:

i want my clients to have the possibility to create DomUs
(windows-xp-machines) via a php-script. They click: "create" and the new
xp-machine gets created. BUT they need access to this machine via Remote
Desktop and so this new just created machine needs a IP. So the
possibility you told me needs a lot of configuration. I need to set up a
Using scripting is not to much work ;)
DHCP on the dom0 and create dynamically new mac-addresses for the domus
(thier config-file) and also edit the configurationfile from the dhcp of
the dom0. BUT i dont want to set a dhcp on the dom0. I want to have the
possibility to assign the ip-address via a script or sth. like that...
You can create a linux domU  and install a dhcp server on it.

Sorry but I don't know other way to do it

Regards,

Marc
regards
Alexandros

Marc Patino Gómez schrieb:
Hi,

I would try to put a MAC address in domU config file (XEN has his own
MAC range),

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:11, bridge=xenbr0']

and configure your DHCP server to assign a known IP address to this MAC. For example:

host Windoze1{
   hardware ethernet 00:16:3e:00:00:11;
   fixed-address 192.168.2.101;
     }

Regards,

Marc

Alexandros Manakos wrote:
Hello everybody.

I got the following problem:
I want to assign the ip-adresses for my domUs dynamically. I mean that i
can assign them while creating them so that i dont have to login to the
virtual machine to assign it. I dont have any Dhcp option because then i
wouldnt know how to connect to the DomUs (which ip to use to connect to
them). I solved this problem with xen-tools and debian but i need a
solution for Windows XP and Vista. The sytems are running but i tried to
configure via the configurescript (windows-xp.hvm and vista.hvm) with:
vif=['ip=192.168.1.22'] but i couldnt connect to the virtual machine.
The DomU (winxp) was configured to get its ip from dhcp cause i need to
clone every machine via cp and so i can not assign the machine (in the
image) a static ip...

I thought that it could be possible to assign via the configuration
script to assign a domu an ip and the domU gets this from xen when it
tries to get a dhcp offer...

any suggestions?

regards
Alexandros