Re: [Xen-users] Why 'xm console' not works sometimes?

On Fr, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:53:35 -0200, Tiago Cruz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Red Hat AS 5 with Xen 3.0, and sometimes 'xm console' does not
> work, the most of times when I'm trying to connect one full-virt machine
> with different arch from server, for example:
>
> [root@xen-5 ~]# xm list
> Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
> Domain-0                                   0     1933     8 r-----  24551.4
> xen05_vm01                                35     1031     1 -b----   7126.9
> xen05_vm02                                34     1031     1 -b----   8461.8
> [root@xen-5 ~]# xm console xen05_vm01
>
> The 'xen05_vm01' it's one Red Hat 7.2 32 Bits... if I connect on X of
> the server and the the "Open" of virt-manager works as well, but I'm
> usually using ssh...

Because domain 0 know nothing about console of HVM-domains.
You can attach to the consoles of paravirtual domains,
but not to HVM.

> What can I do for resolve this?

I think, you can try this solution:

1. Redirect console inside HVM domain to serial console
2. In the config file of your domain specify

serial='pty'

and after that try to connect using minicom or xm console.

> Thanks!
>

> --
> Tiago Cruz
> http://everlinux.com