Re: [Xen-users] How can I do HA among dom0s?

> I need some sort of daemon that detects if the other host is down and
> let me execute a custom script to live migrate machines. Heartbeat,
> Keepalive or ucarp, as far as I know, don't do this. They first detect
> when the host is down and after they activate a virtual IP address. If
> the service that they make HA is stateless, let's say DNS, you don't
> need to do any syncing between disk, if it is a Database you have to do
> DRBD.

Heartbeat *does* allow scripting -- in fact, its entire HA
startup/shutdown is shell script-based.  You can do about anything you
want with heartbeat and a little creativity.

DRDB is not sufficient for database mirroring.  DRDB is not, in and of
itself, a HA/clustering solution; all it does is disk mirroring.

In the event of a dom0 failure, you can assume your domU's have failed.
STONITH the downed dom0, set up the storage on the backup dom0 machine,
start up the domU's.

John

--
John Madden