Re: [Xen-users] Sles 10 SP1 as a guest under rhel5.1

carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Somebody have tried to install SLES 10 SP1 as a para-virtualized guest
> under a RHEL 5.1 xenhost?? I have do it a clean install of SLES 10
> SP1, but when installation is finished and I want to start sles guest,
> pygrub returns me this error:
>
> xm create /etc/xen/slesips
> Using config file "/etc/xen/slesips".
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 651, in ?
>    fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
>

> My cfg file for sles guest is:
>
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16.46-0.12-xenpae"
> ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.16.46-0.12-xenpae"
> bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"

You need either :
- kernel and (optionally) a ramdisk line, OR
- bootloader line
on domU's config file. Your cfg file has both, and (from the error log)
pygrub is active.

Depending on how you install your domU :
- you should have /boot/grub/menu.lst on domU's filesystem, in which
case you should use grub and comment out the kernel and ramdisk line, OR
- Copy SLES's kernel and initrd to dom0 (in your config that will be
/boot), and try comment out the bootloader line.

Regards,

Fajar