Re: [Xen-users] centos4.5(domU) on etch(dom0)

> > As far as I can understand you have done this already
> > but without success.
> > Am I right?
> You you are right.
> But I think I hace succeeded (but perhaps not very elegantly).
> I created a file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo with this content
> http://gatopelao.org/downloads/CentOS-Base.repo
>
> I also edited /etc/yum.conf (although I don't know if it's necessary)
> ----------------------
> [base]
> name=Centos 4.5 - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.5/os/i386/
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4.5
>
> #released updates
> [update]
> name=CentOS-4.5 - Updates
> baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.5/updates/i386/
> ----------------------
>
> then did
> # yum update
> # yum grouplist
>
> then
> yum --installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base
>
> I haven't touched redhat since redhat7.3 and am quite lost. But it is
> installing into /mnt at the moment. :)
>
> If I understand right, your example suggests that I shouldn't need to
> touch /etc/yum*

Yes, you shouldn't.

You use independent config file which may be placed
anywhere and pass the pass to it in th command line
of the yum.

%# apt-get install yum
%# yum -c /tmp/yum-xen.conf --installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base

Ok, now it works.

After the installation will be finished
do not forget to make last steps I've described earlier

(that is
mkdir /mnt/{dev,proc,etc}
for i in console null zero ; do /sbin/MAKEDEV -d /mnt/dev -x $i ; done
mv /mnt/lib/tls /mnt/lib/tls-disabled
vi /etc/sysconfig/network
vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
cp -R /lib/modules/2.6.*xen* /mnt/lib/modules/
sudo chroot /mnt
bash-3.1# pwconv
bash-3.1# passwd
bash-3.1# exit