Re: [Xen-users] Pci export configuration

Georg Fleckenstein schrieb:
> Julien Reveillet schrieb:
>> Up!
>>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I'm still having problems to automatically give a pci device to a DomU.
>>
>> I put the "pciback.hide=(00:1d.0)(04:00.0)" argument to grub.
>>
>> While passing the device id to the "xm" command works it do not in the
>> configuration file with the line : pci = ['00:1d.1','04:00.0']
>>
>> Here is the result of the command :
>>
>> xen:~# xm create vm.fp
>> Using config file "/etc/xen/vm.fp".
>> Error: pci: PCI Backend does not own device 0000:00:1d.1
>> See the pciback.hide kernel command-line parameter or
>> bind your slot/device to the PCI backend using sysfs
>
> Hello
> is usb export perhabs a problem with missing usbfs in Dom0 (Etch) ?
> with Debian Etch for Dom0, Xen 3.1 and Windows HVM  xen needs
> /proc/bus/usb/devices etc.
> so I have to mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb.
> It seems that to use usbfs is no standard with etch anymore.

This is unlikely. To my knowledge, you'd better not bind the exported
device in the domO. Even the respective kernel module should be told
to not bind that device, or blacklisted at all.

I assume the device is not completely exported. dom0 is told via
grub line to pciback.hide the 00:1d.0 but not 00:1d.1.
This is exactly what the xm create says.

I think it's not possible to route partial devices (e.g. one of
four usb hubs served by the same chip)

Greetings

Stephan