Re: [Xen-users] How to initiate a guest installation from the CD-ROM media

Thanks for the tip

Ido

             Sadique Puthen
             <sputhenp@redhat.
             Sent by:                  Ido Levy/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
             xen-users-bounces                                          cc
             @lists.xensource.         xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             com                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Xen-users] How to initiate a
                                       guest installation from the CD-ROM
             06/12/2007 07:44          media

Ido Levy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am pretty new to Xen and I would appreciate you advice on the following
> issue.
>
> I have installed Red Hat 5 Update 1 with the xen kernel and all the
> required packages for virtualization support.
> I reached to the point where dom0 is up and running.
>
> Now I want to install a guest Linux OS from a customize Linux CD-ROM I
> have.
> I tried to use virt-install and virt-manager but the only install
location
> supported is via ftp, http or NFS.
>
> Under my restrictions the only way I have to install the required guest
is
> by initiating a CD_ROM installation.

You can set the dom0 itself as an nfs server and install the guest from
there.  See details at http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_108_10484.shtm

--Sadique