Re: [Xen-users] Network routing setup problem; domU won't start

Artur Linhart asked:

> Did you specify also the given IP 172.31.53.254 in your DomU?

Yes.  Here's the /etc/network/interfaces file on my domU:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
 address 172.31.53.254
 gateway 172.31.53.1
 netmask 255.255.255.0

 # post-up  ethtool -K eth0 tx off

#
# The commented out line above will disable TCP checksumming which
# might resolve problems for some users.  It is disabled by default
#

> If the DomU is not accessible from Dom0, I suppose it is also in
> the opposite way - Dom0 is not accessible from Dom0?  Are there
> also any error messages in the Dom0 log files or any other error
> messages in DomU?

I don't see anything in the log files on my dom0 that appear to be
error messages about networking.  And when I mount the domU's disk
to examine it (when the domU is down), there isn't ANYTHING AT ALL
written to any of the domU's /var/log files (except /var/log/wtmp)
since I originally created the domU's disk image a few days ago.

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales