[Xen-users] Re: IOMMU capable hardware

> Mark you have written
>
> [cut]
>
> > domains).  Also, unless you have IOMMU capable hardware (most people
> > don't)
>
> [/cut]
>

> Is this hardware available on the market today?
> And if it is, where can we read the list of this hardware?

Intel's VT-d technology includes and IOMMU.  I *think* you can now purchase
motherboards which include it but I'm not 100% sure.  I wouldn't know which
models either, too be honest.  Xen-unstable already has preliminary support
for this and uses it to do PCI passthrough to HVM guests.  VT-d for PV guests
is not yet supported.

Knowing Intel there probably is / will be a list of VT-d boards on their
website at some point.

> Or may be plans about release of such a hardware?

AMD are also bringing out IOMMU hardware but I know less about this.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!