Re: [Xen-users] 2.6.22.9-xen (ubuntu) and Nvidia x86_64-100.14.19 - success

Hi -

Morten Bøgeskov wrotte:

On my recently acquired Core2Duo I've installed debian etch amd64,
Then I've pulled the linux-source from since I need newer raid and netcard drivers:

--- 8< --- [snip]

Thanks a lot for the informations on how you succeed with the NVidia x86_64-100.14.19 compilation and installation and Xen 3.1.

I followed your step-by-step instructions to the letter but for the kernel: the 2.6.22-xen image powered by ubuntu does work on my workstation and I didn't have to compile it by myself.

Compilation, patch, and nvidia.ko module loading is working perfect. That being said, starting gdm always results in a system hang and a black screen. Actually, I had the exact same problem with the restricted nvidia driver of the linux-restricted-modules-2.6.22 Ubuntu/Gutsy package.

I didn't find anything in any log. I also tried to strace gdm onto a file, without any interesting clue on what happens.

It's a pity not being able to run the NVidia driver with Xen. For now, I have to choose between dual-screen and Xen which is very frustating!

Tried on a DELL Précision 490, with 2 x Intel Xeon 3GHz CPU, NVidia Quadro Dual Screen, kernel 2.6.22-14-xen x86_64 from ubuntu/gutsy.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in anticipation!
--
Olivier Le Cam
CRDP de l'académie de Versailles