[Xen-users] Anyone using XEN and AMD Phenom processors

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Frank Pikelner" <Frank.Pikelner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:43:15 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:44:20 -0800

Hello,

I’ve read on the list some time back comments that AMD virtualization support may be better than that of Intel. Since AMD has released the new Phenom processors, I was wondering whether anyone has tried them with Xen and whether there are improvements in the virtualization support in the new architecture.

I’m trying to decide in the new year whether to purchase AMD or Intel Quad CPUs for Xen.

Thanks,

Frank