Re: [Xen-users] powernow-k8

Hi Imre,

I'm afraid it's not possible to use Powernow with 3.0.2 at all.  Nor is it
possible to use other CPU power saving technologies.

This is because supporting this is not quite so simple under Xen.  You can't
just load a driver into dom0 Linux because Xen needs to know about PowerNow
too.  Extra code would be required in Xen to support it.

Someone from AMD has been working on this extra code and I believe initial
support for Powernow is going to be in the Xen 3.2 release and is currently
in the xen-unstable tree.

Cheers,
Mark

On Sunday 23 December 2007, Imre K. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use debian etch and I try to use the powernow-k8 option with the
> 2.6.18 kernel. Xen 3.0.2 works fine after installing with apt-get. If i
> try to load the powernow-k8 module with modconf, I get an error message
> and can't load it.
>
> Can somebody help me to solve this problem.
>
> Greetings
> Imre

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!