Re: [Xen-users] Anyone running SCO OpenServer, especially 5.0.x, in Xen?

  • To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Trolle Selander" <trolle.selander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 03:31:00 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:31:57 -0800

OS/2 Warp 4 will work for Fixpack levels < 13 on AMD CPUs. There's one remaining patch I need to submit to get FP13 & higher working. I have a working patch for that, if you're interested, but I'm working on a bigger patchset that will include it and it needs some more testing before I feel it's ready for mainline.

NT 4 worked perfectly when I tested it recently.

On Jan 3, 2008 11:12 PM, Igor Chubin <igor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Do, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:46:45 +0100, sven waeyenbergh wrote:
> Are you using AMD cpu's ?
> I have seen some mails that people have troubles booting xBSD systems on
> Intel machines, but AMD seems to work.
> Could this be the same issue (sounds like that if your system freezes right
> after boot has started.) ?

Hello,

I have AMD-based system.
I tried to run SCO in a Xen HVM-domain but without success.
I played with SCO OpenServer 6.

Windows and FreeBSD run on that system without ny problems.

If anybody knows anything about running SCO OpenServer 5.0.5/5.0.7/6
in a Xen HVM-domain, please tell it.

Also,
does anybody know anything about running legacy OSes (like OS/2
and Windows NT 3.51/4.0) in a Xen HVM-domains?
Or I shouldn't think about it and use QEMU?

> On Jan 2, 2008 10:12 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm involved in a project to migrate SCO systems over to Linux. I'd love to
> > have a clean virtualized working environment for various reasons, and am
> > hopeing that someone's actually done it and can point me to booby traps.
> >
> > I've got VT capable CPU;s on my server, I'm using virt-manager under RHEL
> > 5.1 on a 32-bit OS, and I'm using the "Generic" settings for the OS
> > selection. The installation CD and drives are detected at OS installation
> > time, but it just freezes right there and proceeds no further.

WBR, i.m.chubin