Re: [Xen-users] Question about ioemu ...

>> > My HDA is configured like this:

>> > disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vms_1/win01,hda,w' ]

>> > My question , what is the diference if I configure like this ...

>> > disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vms_1/win01,ioemu:hda,w' ]

>> > What "ioemu" means ?

>> It's simply a rudimentary attempt at ParaVirtual (PV) disk drivers on
an

>> HVM domain. Try it both ways, and 'cp' a *new* file to or from your
dom0

>> and HVM domain, and time the difference. (I say new file, so you

>> don'tmeasure the effects of caching.)

> I don't think the "ioemu" argument actually does anything for
block devices

> anymore. As Jim suggested, it used to be used to specify whether a block

> device is an emulated (ioemu) or a paravirt disk. Nowadays, I think HVM

> supports both paravirt and emulated modes for each disk so the switch isn't

> used.

So ... it has no diference, right ? this is my question, I tested ,
and it worked

on both way. For me ..make a copy from dom0 to domU has no sense,
it use

network. It is not a copy from a partition to another, because I'm using
NTFS

on a LVM virtual partition. Frorm my windows on DomU, I
don't have acess

to Dom0  (centOS) file system and vice-versa ..