Re: Re; [Xen-users] Ethernet has Alzheimers

>Is the machine answering ARP replies?

Honestly, I don't know .. the machine tends to lock up for other reasons when
it dies hence it's not easy to track ..

>Does the upstream router have the IP & MAC in its ARP table?
>Does the upstream switch have the MAC in its mac-address-table?
>Assigned to the correct port?

>Sounds to me like an ARP timeout problem.

This occurs between DomU's and Dom0 in addition to external addresses ... so I
don't think it's linked to anything outside of Xen .. I've experienced the same
problem on 4 different machines, all different HW config .. so again I think
faulty HW is out.

For what it's worth;

I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) with the stock Xen 3.1 kernel all on AMD64 and
Intel/Xeon machines all running 64 bit kernels and distros.

All machines are using bridging with two physical ethernet ports.
All DomU's are running two matching virtual ports.
I'm using IPTABLES (firehol) fairly heavily for port filtering.

Typically the DomU's are mounting a network filesystem off Dom0 using a
10.0.0.x address range .. at random intervals, 10.0.0.1 (Dom0) vanishes, the
DomU fails to read/write the filesystem and the whole thing goes to pot.

BUT, if I'm not watching it, the system itself recovers the IP and carries on
.. but by then the DomU's are in such a state I don't get much sense out of it.

:(