Re: [Xen-users] Question about vnc

Thanks for your response. I tryed config

usbdevice='tablet' , but , I saw same problem,

details follows your response.

>> I'm using Windows HVM on CentOS 5.1, xen 3.1. When I conect VNC to
Dom0 IP

>> , I get correct screen, main windows console.

>> But I have a very very poor mouse performance.

>> I tried xensoure 4.1 , and I saw a mouse performance a little bit
better

>> than xen 3.1 w / CentOS 5.1.

>> What is me problem, CentOS 5.1 or xen 3.1 , or compilation wrong maked
by

>> CentOS people. Why xensource vnc performance is better than xen 3.1 ?

> In what way is the performance improved?

Performance problem is .. real pointer never was in same place that virtual
pointer .. I move mouse but , pointer on virtual screen do not follow it , with
same velocity and never arrives on same place.

my config file

import os, re

arch = os.uname()[4]

if re.search('64', arch):

    arch_libdir = 'lib64'

else:

    arch_libdir = 'lib'

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"

builder='hvm'

memory = 1024

shadow_memory = 16

name = "web04"

vcpus=2

pae=1

acpi=1

apic=1

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=br0' ]

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vms_6/web04,hda,w' ]

#on_poweroff = 'destroy'

#on_reboot   = 'restart'

#on_crash    = 'restart'

device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

boot="c"

sdl=0

vnc=1

stdvga=0

usbdevice='tablet'

> One optimisation that is worth doing on Open Source Xen is to make sure you

> have enabled usbdevice='tablet' in the domain's configuration file.

> This makes the guest use an emulated graphics tablet as the pointing
device.

> This provides much better tracking of the mouse pointer and makes it
possible

> to use "grabless" operation: the guest pointer follows your mouse
to the edge