Re: [Xen-users] xen backup

namitha p wrote:
hi
I am trying to stop the application running in the VM from the host machine.....that means by typing some command in the host machine, (script or using some API's or sending some signal to VM from the host), i want stop application running in the VM.......is there any way to do this.....if anybody know this please help me....... I want this because......I want to take VM consistent backup without stoping it or suspending it....my idea is , if I stop the aplication running in the VM I can do backup consistently (i suppose.), without supending enitire VM
Short answer, you can't.
Long answer, if you use LVM on dom0, you can use LVM snapshot to create a "consistent" snapshot of domU's storage, and back it up.

Regards,

Fajar