Re: [Xen-users] live migration breaking...aoe issue?

  • To: "Marcelo Messa" <messa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "lee hartley" <leeslist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:10:33 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:11:08 -0800

coming back to this...I tried updating aoe to the latest version
# aoe-version

              aoetools: 23

  installed aoe driver: 57

    running aoe driver: 57

set the aoe_deadsecs=30
modprobe aoe aoe_deadsecs=30

formatted the lv with gfs (just in case)

things seem basically the same...even got a little worse, getting IO
errors...so, did gfs2_fsck on the device...no more io errors...started
vm tried the migration...hung in middle the source host shows the
domain status as "b" and when you try to connect to the console these
warnings are displayed
WARNING: g.e. still in use!

WARNING: leaking g.e. and page still in use!

WARNING: g.e. still in use!

WARNING: leaking g.e. and page still in use!

netif_release_rx_bufs: 0 xfer, 46 noxfer, 210 unused

WARNING: g.e. still in use!

WARNING: leaking g.e. and page still in use!

on the target host the status is "bp" and when you try xm console you get
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

so, I seem to be going backwards...I am thinking to go back to ext3 w/
the aoe changes...to limit my variables...any pointers would be
great...or other approaches

basically, I just want to be able to show that xen live migration
works in a easy/cheap setup, I will refactor after that

thanks a lot for your comments!

lee