[Xen-users] Could not boot an 2.6.23 kernel as domU

Hello,

first sorry for my bad english...

i try to boot our distribution (ArchLinux) as a domU on xen 3.2 (build
from source tarball).

I rebuild the distri kernel with enabled xen config as mentioned in
buildconfigs/enable-xen-config
The kernel and initrd standalone boots without problems.

But as a domU kernel, when creating the image with xm, i got:
----------------
xc_dom_allocate: cmdline="root=/dev/xvda1 ro ip=:1.2.3.4::::eth0:dhcp
console=hvc0", features=""
xc_dom_kernel_file: filename="/boot/vmlinuz26-xenU"
xc_dom_malloc_filemap    : 1812 kB
xc_dom_ramdisk_file: filename="/boot/kernel26-xenU.img"
xc_dom_malloc_filemap    : 1546 kB
xc_dom_boot_xen_init: ver 3.2, caps xen-3.0-x86_32p
xc_dom_parse_image: called
xc_dom_find_loader: trying ELF-generic loader ... failed
xc_dom_find_loader: trying multiboot-binary loader ... failed
xc_dom_core.c:499: panic: xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found
xc_dom_release: called
----------------

ELF is surely enabled in kernel config.
Have i done something wrong? I thought 2.6.23 was ready for domU
support.

Searching for "no loader found" i've found following link about some
patches from Gerd Hoffmann, where he changed something in tools/libxc
tree. I have cloned a unstable mercurial repo today, but i could not
exactly see that these patches - if they are belong to my problem - are
in unstable (or still in 3.2).
I am not a programmer to see if these patches/changes are a solution.

If you need more infos i could give them surely.

Thank you
regards
        Gerhard

--
Was wir wissen, ist ein Tropfen.
Was wir nicht wissen, ein Ozean (Newton)