Re: [Xen-users] Set memory free after shutdown

Todd Deshane wrote:
You should look into the dom0_mem Xen boot option to adjust this.
http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/#SECTION04130000000000000000

It seems that dom0 could then reclaim up to that (dom0_mem) maximum amount of memory freed by VMs.

First of all thanks for help. Anyway I think that my problem should be a bit different. I notice that if I have a physical machine with (for example) 4Gb of Ram, and I start 3 virtual machine each one with 1Gb of Ram, the dom0 results to have the remaining free memory, that is 1Gb. So far so good. But if I stop one virtual machine (then the virtual machines used memory decrease to only 2Gb), dom0 still results to have only 1Gb. Then I think: Where is the giga released? And above all: why the memory released don't increase automatically, the dom0 memory (that is the physical host memory)? Is there a way to adjust this?

I don't know if my analysis is correct or if there's another way, or I'm doing something wrong, 'cause I'm not very expert about Xen, but I would to release to dom0, the memory previously used for one vm now stopped.

Thanks :)
Daniele

--
Daniele Piaggesi