Re: [Xen-users] Xen Disk I/O performance vs native performance

I see the same drop on my machines,  no raid, but do use drbd.
3x's slower

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp@xxxxxxxxx
(734)936-1985

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Sami Dalouche wrote:

Hi,

Can you guys tell me how much slower your Disk I/O performance is using
Xen, compared to native performance ?

On my RAID 5 machine, using Ubuntu feisty's
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-14-xen kernel, xen 3.1, LVM disks, read and
writes to the disk are something between 2 and 3 times slower.

Is that considered normal, or especially bad ? If it's worse than the
average, what kind of information do you want me to give you to diagnose
the problem ?

Thanks for your help,
Sami Dalouche