[Xen-users] Network issue in dom0

Hello,

I have a network issue in dom0; I'm not sure if it's a configuration problem or a design problem in my setup.

My setup:
The server (dom0) runs Ubuntu 7.10, Xen was installed using apt-get (means version: Xen 3.10, Kernel 2.6.22-14). This server has 4 NICs. I use bridged networking with my own script which creates 4 bridges ("$dir/network-bridge" "$g" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0 - this line I use four times for each interface). This works great so far. /etc/network/interfaces in dom0 brings only up eth2 with a static address (10.10.1.2). domU1 acts as router/firewall and has all bridges connected to it. And every ethX in domU1 has it's own subnet (10.10.1.0/24 to 10.10.4.0/24). This works as well.

My problem:
Each time I download a lot of data (i.e. an apt-get upgrade which upgrades the kernel) in dom0, the network in dom0 freezes. Furthermore, the whole subnet 10.10.1.0/24 freezes. The network comes back after a couple of minutes or after a couple of hours. This varies. So far, I couldn't find any log, where I entry is made when the network stalles. I can't access any other net from within dom0 and dom0 can't be accessed from any other place.

My question:
What could be the problem for this behaviour?
Is there a better way to access dom0 from within domU1 (or any other domU)?

Thank you in advance for any tipps.

Regards,
Markus