Re: Xen Virtual Console xvc (Was: Re: [Xen-users] Pardon me for possibly dumb question but....)

On Sunday 27 January 2008 08:01:45 pm Todd Deshane wrote:
> xvc0 is a xen virtual console and does not correspond directly to a
> physical device that I am aware of.
>
> Yves-GaÃl ChÃny seemed to have answered the second part of the question:
> > guest# vim /etc/inittab ### check that following line is present:
> >
> > x0:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 xvc0
> >
> > guest# echo xvc0 >> /etc/securetty

Actually, no. I know how it is setup in software. I'm wondering
what "physical" or virtual device I use to talk to (a)getty once the software
is setup. Eg, if there is a getty variant on /dev/ttyS0, I better have a
terminal or modem I'm talking with. If it's /dev/ttyn, I'm talking to a
virtual console accessed with ctrl-alt-n. Where do I have to go to get this
getty prompt to login on?

As far as thread stealing goes, I suppose the real Subject for this thread
should be "Where is the documentation for the devices added since the 3.0
documentation?", like xvda, xvc0, etc.