Re: [Xen-users] Xen Disk I/O performance vs native performance: Xen I/O

On Monday 28 January 2008 02:31:32 pm Sami Dalouche wrote:
> And I'll also check the performance improvements by upgrading the kernel
> to 2.6.24. What do you think of the container support in 2.6.24 ? Isn't
> it a better-Xen for servers ? (I believe most people use virtualization
> on the server side just to isolate processes, so the containers seem
> like a better-xen in this case, isn't it ?)

You are talking about the section with the heading "2.8. PID and network
namespaces"? I tend to wait until my distro makes new features available,
writes the userspace config tools, etc. Since my Xen server is fedora, and
they are still stuck on 2.6.21 for dom0 kernel, it will probably be about a
year (fc10?) before I see the benefits of this. My more immediate problem is
waiting for a 2.6.22 or .23 dom0 so I can start using my Intel wireless card
with iwlwifi without rebooting into the non xen 2.6.23 kernel ;-)