Re: [Xen-users] Start virtual framebuffer in Xen 3.1

  • To: "Teddy Song" <gtg464i@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:30:51 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:31:27 -0800

On Jan 30, 2008 9:57 AM, Teddy Song <gtg464i@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, all.

I was trying to start virtual frame buffer of a PV guest by specifying the following line in domain configuration file:

vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncunused=1' ]

(Without this line, the console starts perfectly)

However, I got the following error message:

Error: Device 0 (vkbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

I do a google search and I learned I need to install xen-vncfb and libvnc on my 64 bit machine (it is not installed by default). I installed them but I still get the same message.

Do I need to set-up xen-vncfb in some way to make it work? Is there an instruction somewhere on how I can do it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments.

This post on xen-devel might be related to your problem:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/47959

Best,
Teddy