Re: [Xen-users] Exporting a VM

  • To: "Ivan Gonzalez" <smaug_valley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dan VerWeire" <dverweire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:33:27 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:49:35 -0800

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but it sounds like you
want to make a backup of a running VM instance and then start it as
another VM instance on the same or other server.

I have done this with LVM snapshots. I don't have the time explain
right now, but there are lots of resources on the web for LVM
snapshots.