RE: [Xen-users] w2k3 cluster on xen

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kędziora Marek <Marek.Kedziora@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 07:57:05 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:57:43 -0800

> There were some patches to qemu to allow this. If you can handle a bit of
> C it's not that hard to implement.
>
> You could also try my GPL'd PV drivers for Windows, unless the caching
> matters very early on in the boot processes (I doubt it).
>
> Assuming testing goes well, I'm going to do another binary release tonight
> as I've just fixed up a bug where it only worked against a 64 bit Dom0. I
> had fixed it up a few days ago, but the fix broke in the situation where
> Dom0 and DomU weren't the same bit width and Dom0's Xen drivers were <
> 3.1.1.
>
> So if you are running a 64 bit Dom0 then the 0.6.1 release should work,
> otherwise wait until I do the next release.

Thanks again!
In the meantime I discover that my problem is that I can't properly export SCSI
devices to w2k3. Disks show in disk manager, I'm able to initialize them and
make partitions, but formatting fails. It does not happen on ATA disks. I'll
make another thread on xen-users because it's off-topic here.

Best regards,
Marek Kedziora