Re: [Xen-users] ethX device ubuntu 7.10

Sorry, I didn`t found /etc/iftab file on ubuntu 7.10 server, only file with name iftab: /usr/lib/udev/migrate-iftab.pl ... On one xen 3.1.2 from src server Ubuntu changes every time when I reboot it, but parallel DomU CentOS don`t have the same problem... On other 3.2.0 only when I don`t switch off before I reboot Dom0 server... But most of my servers share the same one configuration and hw, but not have problems with it...

C.

Giulio Fidente wrote:
Casper wrote:

 Hello,

I experienced that on few Xen servers after maybe not clean reboot ubuntu 7.10 server DomU changes device number to next eth"X" number and network script uses previous on boot so there is no network on DomU... I experienced in 3.1.x and new 3.2.0 Xen versions...

I was having something similar (on a domU) due to some wrong lines in the /etc/iftab file

that file seems to be automagically changed by an ubuntu script which puts in it at least the mac address of the interfaces

the problem could be around this, give it a check