Re: [Xen-users] New binary release of GPL PV drivers for Windows

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:21:41PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 12:30:51PM +0100, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> >
> > If someone knows a Windows Benchmarking Suite, I'll do real tests. I know my
> > recent tests are not comparable to any value, but I'm a little bit
> > handycapped
> > on windows ;)
> >

> You could use IOmeter http://www.iometer.org. It's a widely used disk
> benchmarking tool on Windows.
>
> It's easy to run benchmarks using different requests sizes, different number
> of outstanding io's etc..

With small requests sizes (512 bytes or 4k) you can measure how many IOPS
(IO operations per second) you can get, and with big request sizes (64+ kB)
you can measure how much throughput you can get..

Changing the number of outstanding IO's means how many IO operations are
active at the same time (optimal values depends on the storage used, and on
the queue depth of the hardware, drivers and kernel).

Note that IOmeter wants to use raw disk devices, so don't create any
partitions or format the disk before using IOmeter.

-- Pasi