Re: [Xen-users] The real 0.6.5 release of Windows PV drivers

Hello James,

first of all I want to thank you for your great work!
I am using Gentoo Linux on a AMD X2 in 64bit with Xen 3.2 and I installed your 0.6.5 Version of the PV drivers in Windows XP Professional SP2. It looks like that there still is a problem with disabling the PCI IDE, because after the reboot, I find the lvm-partition 2 times in my windows system :-p
C: and D: are identical! one is IDE the other the SCSI device.
And I maybe have found the reason why. You mentioned that the 0.6.4 version of your driver had a bug with xen 3.2 and that you've fixed it in version 0.6.5. But your 0.6.5.zip package still contains the 0.6.4 drivers (that's what the inf-files tell me). Is it possible, that you accidently packaged the 0.6.4 drivers as 0.6.5.zip?

Greetz Age_M

James Harper wrote:
The last release was actually 0.6.4, and contained a bug which meant
that under Xen 3.2.0 the PCI IDE device wasn't detected and disabled
(the PCI ID presented by Qemu had changed). This could result in bad
things happening to your windows filesystem (it did for me just now when
I didn't get this fix quite right :).

This new release should fix that problem.

http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.6.5.zip

James