Re: [Xen-users] pciback.hide works great for video, but not usb contollers

On Thursday 07 February 2008 3:23:11 pm Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 12:58 PM, Paul Waldo <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 February 2008 11:20:08 am Todd Deshane wrote:
> > > Did you try adding pciback.permissive to the above dom0 kernel line?

That did the trick.  Thanks!!!!!

> To some extend this now seems to be documented in the Xen user manual [1]

I looked all over this page before, but couldn't find it.  Maybe it is
implied, but it sure isn't explicit! :-)

> The pciback.permissive option may be being deprecated. I learned about
> it because we are currently working on a book called Running Xen: A
> Hands-on Guide to the Art of Virtualization that is now in safari
> rough cuts.
>
> There are a lot of little things that are not well documented still so
> we have been working hard to get it all in one spot and keep up to
> date on changes. You may find some good resources at
> http://runningxen.com

I'm really looking forward to reading this, as some of the finer points are
still a Black Art.  I looked at the Chapters section and it looks like it
will be good reading.  Will you be discussing guest image install from CD
media?  I have not been able to find anything on how to get a Redhat-based
guest running on my Ubuntu host.  I know everyone says use rpmstrap, but
rpmstrap seems to be hopelessly broken for AMD-64.  Good luck on the book!

Thanks again,

Paul