Re: [Xen-users] installing a vm with virt-install

Daniel McBrearty wrote:
Hi

I am new to xen, trying to get things going on a new CentOS install. I
have xen installed fine, and "xm list" shows Domain-0 is OK.

I am trying to use virt-install (or it's GUI equiv through
virt-manager) to set up a new VM. I am trying to give a local empty
file file (created with dd as per docs)

Not required to create it via dd. virt-manager or virt-install would automatically create the file backend for you.

 as the hard disc, and get it
to install from an iso file. Every time I give the location for the
iso file, I get the error:

ERROR:  Could not find an installable distribution the install location

Are you trying to install a paravirtual guest or a fully virt?

I have tried giving the full path to the ISO, the path to the
containing directory, also ftp:// ... to the directory on an external
server. Always the same thing. I've also tried DamnSmallLinux and
Debian iso's

what am I doing wrong? what is the easy way to do this?

thanks!

Daniel