Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: Nosuchfile or directory

On Friday 08 February 2008 01:06:02 am Hamid Majidy wrote:
> Thanks, Jim, for your input. I think I know what the problem is. I have not
> installed XWindows which VNC depends on. Guest OSs will have server roles
> and I avoid installing XWindows and the like on servers.
>
> Sdl, apparently, also requires X.
>
> So the question becomes, is there a text mode way to connect to domU guests
> in Xen?

Also, you don't need X on dom0 so much as you might find it useful on the
client machine you connect from. My 'ssh' example then becomes 'ssh -X
domu-ip' for running individual X programs. You can even install a vnc server
on the domu, and connect to it over your ssh session.

Or, if you change/add 'vnclisten="0.0.0.0"' to your domu's config, then from a
client machine, you can do 'vncviewer dom0-ip:n'. That's dom0, not domu, and
n is the port number that qemu-dm is presenting it's vnc session on.