[Xen-users] Question on DHCPd in a DOMU and checksum errors

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Johan van de Groenendaal <worldlycitizen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:46:24 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:47:18 -0800

A lot has been written about checksum errors and DOMU, where the DOMU is getting its IP from a DHCP server in DOM0

I have the following:

I have created a bridge on a VLAN x and the DHCPD server in DOMU is serving this interface. I have a remote client on VLANx and it send a DHCP request. The DOMU gets the packet, but the DHCP Daemon complains of a UDP checksum error. I ran ethereal and it seemed to be happy with the checksum.

Note: I have another bridged VLAN that gets mapped into the DOMU, and it gets its IP Address okay from my broadband gateway (as expected)

Any suggestions?

Note: using Xen3.2 and Ubuntu guest 7.0.4