[Xen-users] RE: Re: Xen 3.2 with shared IRQs

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "[STD]Ein" <ein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:55:52 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:56:36 -0800

>On 07/02/2008, Ben Holt <beanjammin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is "noirqdebug" still the best way to deal with IRQs that are shared
>> between hardware in the dom0 and hardware that has been passed to
>> domUs?
>
>Just to follow up on my own post in case it helps anyone else, a
>couple days after adding "noirqdebug" to the kernel line of my Xen 3.2
>dom0 and the "extra" line of the affected domUs I have been crash
>free.  Previously IRQ sharing between the IDE interfaces on the dom0
>and various hardware passed to a couple domUs had been causing
>interrupt problems with the IDE interfaces that would bring down the
>domO.
>
>- Ben

How is the performance affected with shared irq's across domains?  Are you
sharing heavily used irq's (nic's, ide controllers?).

Thanks for the heads up on noirqdebug, I had looked for a long time for
anything relating to cross domain irq sharing or remapping and came up with
nothing, instead I had to reorganize cards and disable all of my onboard
devices just to make things stable.  Are you using any other flags in
combination with noirqdebug, any apic/acpi flags or anything?