[Xen-users] Memory bandwidth partitioning?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Stober" <rstober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:48:37 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:49:09 -0800

Good Afternoon,

According to the docs, Xen can allocate a specific amount of memory, and
block and network I/O to a guest OS. And the guest can then request to
change the allocation.

I'm assuming that the hypervisor can limit the amount of network I/O a
guest can use to prevent one guest from using up all of the available
network I/O bandwidth. But can the hypervisor limit the memory bandwidth
usage of a guest OS? What's to stop one guest OS from saturating the
memory bus?

Thank you,

Robert