Re: [Xen-users] Simplest OS possible?

Hi John,

the question is not "what is the simplest OS? " but what are you going to do with it? From your mail you plan somthing like benchmark test ... but this make less sense if you do not plan to run an application in DomU :-) . Any minimal linux (SUSE, RedHat, Debian and many others) plus compiler will doit for you....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards
Gerhard Possler
IT Architect
IBM Enterprise Linux Services

ELS Wiki@IBM (only accessible via IBM intranet)
IT-Services and Solutions GmbH
Rathausstr. 7, D-09111 Chemnitz
Geschäftsführung: Rainer Laier, Michael Mai
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Chemnitz
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 18409

http://www.itsas.de/
gerhard.possler@xxxxxxxxxx
Mobil +49 (0) 160 90578637

"John Krautheim" <jkrautheim@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11.02.2008 19:51

xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Xen-users] Simplest OS possible?

What is the simplest OS I can install in Xen, preferably Linux based, and don't tell me MS-DOS :). I have installed a minimal version of Fedora, but I want something that is even less cluttered.

I have looked at Minix, but it is not fully supported. I need something small, lightweight (doesn't have to be multi-threaded or anything), that will run small C and Assembler programs that I can use to rum some tests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
John Krautheim, CISSP, PMP