Re: [Xen-users] Re: Choosing O/S for dom0 host with xen 3.2 - best option?

> > And he keeps saying it, too. You can confirm whatever it is by looking
> > inside the SRPM for the source code.
>
> CentOS definitely comes with 3.0.3.
>
> Howwver, the 3.1.2 SRPM for Fedora 8 builds and seems to work fine on
> CentOS 5.1, so I'm now using that.

CentOS 5.0 shipped with 3.0.3.  I believe CentOS 5.1 shipped with something
based on Xen 3.1.  The package names say 3.0.3 but they're basically
lying ;-)

I suspect what's going on here is something weird to do with RPM version
naming; they're trying to indicate that the CentOS 5.1 Xen is a newer version
of the package of the same name from CentOS 5.0 and presumably renaming the
package's base name would break something somewhere...

Cheers,
Mark