RE: [Xen-users] how to create a vm from a file system

  • To: "Joel Nylund" <jnylund@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:52:39 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:59:29 -0800

Hello,

Here is a sample working config file using LVM, I have swapped out some
of it for made up names to keep it private,i hope this helps

# -*- mode: python; -*-
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-xenU"
memory = 64
name = "hostname"
vif = ['bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = ['phy:/dev/XEN/disk,hda1,w','phy:/dev/XEN/diskswap,sda2,w']
netmask="255.255.255.0"
gateway="*.*.*.*"
hostname = "hostname.domain.com"
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"