Re: [Xen-users] Problem with p2v - device /dev/ida/c0d0p2

Le Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 06:01:19PM -0200, Tiago Cruz [tiagocruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx] a
écrit:
> Hello, using:
>
> disk = [ "phy:/dev/Vol_LVM/registro-2,hda,w",]
>
> The boot as been better :) But I have one kernel-panic because kernel
> can't mount the root filesystem.
>
> Using rsync+ssh and copy all "/" from inside LVM device, I can't boot
> too ("Searching for boot device...").
>
> Question: Whats the better way to "migrate" the MBR? Using dd getting
> the 512 bytes was not work (the lilo was frozen with a "LI" screen).

You didn't say if you use HVM or PV for the domain.
If going HVM, you should check that your kernel and/or initrd contains
support for IDE (hdax). And also update the "root=xxx" parameter to be
the correct hdaX

--
Dominique Rousseau
Neuronnexion, Prestataire Internet & Intranet