RE: UNS: Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] windows pv drivers releasedat www.halsign.com

  • To: "jim burns" <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:03:29 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 05:04:05 -0800

http://www.halsign.com/documents/Gatekeeper-Tools-install-guide.txt )

> > Also, his site seems to download at modem speeds.
>
> And the service installed by his gkhost rpm doesn't run properly on
fedora
> or
> SuSE, yet (Redhat tested only). The init.d script doesn't even install
in
> the
> right place on SuSE (follows the wrong symlink) and depends on
> fedora/redhat
> init functions, so some hacking required. And I didn't see a link for
> source
> code for his GPL-ed package on his web site or Readme.

Do we know the license for these drivers? I haven't looked closely but I
don't remember GPL being mentioned anywhere.

>From the symbols defined in the .sys files it looks like some code might
have been copied from minios, but the license on minios appears to be
"do anything you want with this, we don't care".

James