[Xen-users] Re: Using Xen on GNBD

Gareth Bult wrote:
Exporting a block device from a Dom0 to another Dom0, then running a DomU on it works fine for me. However, if I want to migrate the DomU to the machine hosting the gnbd server, I seem to have problems.

Hi,

It looks like you are in unchartered territory. <http://sourceware.org/cluster/gnbd/faq.html> says:

   1.  Can I use a disk that I'm exporting with GNBD locally?

      This should work provided you don't turn gnbd caching on, but it is
untested. Use at your own risk. Also note that if you lose a node, the other
node doesn't have access to part of it's block device.

BR
/Martin Leben