Re: [Xen-users] Problem after migration

  • To: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Thave Thurai" <linuxthebest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:01:19 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:01:52 -0800

Hi Nico
Thanks for your reply. It's not a firewall issue. I migrated firstime form host A to host B,  It works fine.
Then I reverse the migration which means form Host B to Host A. It migrates , Could able to ssh and use httpd and so on on the guest. But cannot ping form the guest to any othe hosts in the network. If i do ping get reply only one then it's stop and hanging there. As I mentioned earlier first time even ping works form   guest.  Any ideas
Thanks again
Thave

On 2/16/08, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thave Thurai wrote:
> Hi All
> I am running  centos 5.1  xen hosts. I am migrationg guest form one
> host to another. Migration worked great. After I migrated to the othe
> host. I could not ping from the guest server to any where. It pinged
> onece the just stops and hanging there. I could do ssh and httpd no
> problem. I am running both para guests which are also cenos 5.1 only.
> even I could not access the console via xvc.
> Any body came across this issue. Please help me.
> Thanks

CentOS 5.x  is the OS actually used by the commercial Xen Enterprise
server, so you're in a good environment. (It took me five minutes to
stop laughing when I realized they were using CentOS!). Take a good hard
look at the Dom0 firewalls and configurations. Are they both CentOS or
RHEL 5.x? There were fascinating firewall problems for RHEL 5.0 servers
and their guest domains, which I think were resolved in 5.1.