Re: [Xen-users] Boot error with 2.6.23 domU

Michael Heyse schrieb:

This is a follow-up to a thread from October 2007.

It hanged at:

# xm create -c somedomain
Using config file "/etc/xen/somedomain".
Started domain somedomain

And it seems to wait there forever.

Normally, I would expect:

# xm create -c somedomain
Using config file "/etc/xen/somedomain".
Started domain somedomain
 Linux version 2.6.18-xen (root@....

Same thing here, nothing happens. Usually you should at least hear the
hard drive working even if there wouldn't be any console output.
2.6.20-xen (from gentoo) is working just fine.

I just tried to make an upstream 2.6.24.2 to work as a domU, but it fails the same way.

As there are more people which have problem starting an upstream domU kernel with Xen, I begin to wonder if it's actually possible to boot it?

Could anyone post a *working* config for a 2.6.24.x domU kernel? More users asked for a .config from a kernel which boots, but one was never provided...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org