Re: [Xen-users] virtual machines, DHCP, and ssh?

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:36:15PM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I'd love to setup DHCP on the Xen host and just allocate
> whatever IP is available to whatever new VM was just booted,
> but with different VMs reusing the same IP addrs, everyone's
> ssh clients will constantly be honking at them about the
> host keys changing.

you should access your servers by name, not by IP, and your servers, when they
come up, should dynamically setup A and PTR records.  You can do this with
rc scripts within your DomU and nsupdate, but the DHCP folks have
alrealdy set you up, I believe you want to look up the ddns-update*
directives in dhcpd.conf.  It's been a while since I've messed with it, but
here is a guide that looks pretty good:

http://www.cameratim.com/computing/linux/using-bind-as-a-local-dns-server