Re: RE [Xen-users] Re: xen-3.0.4 networking problem after migration

  • To: Alain BARTHE <alain.barthe@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Weikuan Yu <weikuan.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:20:23 -0500
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:20:43 -0800

When a domU is migrated, I think that the configuration file is not used at all: the domU is migrated as is, the config file is used only at the domU creation time.

What you mentioned could be true. But the problem I had was due to the vif line mentioned.

Normally, if you create a domU from a config file that has an empty "vif" parameter, you should not have any network at all in your domU.

What you said is true when there is no vif line. Anyway, there seems to be some differences in our experience. It works fine for me though. Thanks for your attention.

--Weikuan