Re: [Xen-users] Can I expose a pci device to HVM domU?

Hi,

i've tried a LOT of different xen changesets and patches on recent
high-end intel (supermicro) and amd (tyan) boards with advertised
VT-d / AMD IOMMU support.
The result was really frustrating, without VT-d / IOMMU an export
into a HVM domU is impossible.
The tests showed that advertised VT-d is only "VT-x" and IOMMU is
not fully supported (Answers from tech. support hotlines at
supermicro and tyan)

So, I would also like to know if anyone was able to do this?

pradeep singh rautela schrieb:
Can i assign a PCI device(e.g a NIC) exclusively to a Linux HVM
domainU after hiding it from domain 0?

I know that only PV guests are the best candidates for this but I
still want to ask, hoping someone might have done some work in latest
xen-unstable.

Is there any known way to do this?

PS:- NIC Is does not have Intel's VT-d.

Thanks,
       --Pradeep

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 wÃrzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht wÃrzburg, hra 5054