Re: [Xen-users] running windows on xen

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 02:29:51 am Arpan Jindal wrote:
> then i do
> xm create /etc/xen/winxp2 -c
>
> i Âam getting error as
>
> boot from hard disk 0 failed
> FATAL: not a bootable disk
>
> seems like rsync is not woking or i m doing something wrongly, is there any
> way make multiple coples of windows system. without each time installing it

I'm not an 'rsync' user, but I would think it would not copy the boot record
(MBR). Use 'dd' instead, when the partitions in question are not in use by
vms:

dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/dev/hda6

Then you can use 'rsync' for synchronizations after that, if desired. Make
sure the hostname, etc. have been changed from within the new guest.